Thursday, April 24, 2008

Supermarket Finds

Norwegian brown cheese (Fløtemysost) - picked up some when I visited Ida in Norway. Delicious on bread with jam.

Red radishes - never bought these before in my life but figured i'd try them since they were on sale for .59 euros. I added them to my Chinese cucumber salad. Crunchy and delicious!

Wholegrain mustard - high quality at only .80 euros for 335 grams (roughly 11.8 ounces)! What a classy deal.

Albert Heijn (Dutch supermarket brand) cous cous mix - not bad! I made it according to my friend's recommendation with ground beef and scallion. Then added cucumber, red and yellow peppers, and tomatoes at the end so they were still mostly crunchy. It's also great with feta. Very fresh and yummy!

Bobotie - South African dish that my friend cooked for me. Can't wait to try it when I'm IN South Africa!

No comments: